The mission for all Christian churches is very similar. Our mission has been put in place as a constant and general reminder of our uniqueness within our community. Our mission is:
"Seeking Christ, Offering Hope"
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word" (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17, NIV84).
The purpose of our values is to give our ministries and church a foundation for every activity we do. They set the standard by which we do ministry and how we communicate Christ to those around us. They are not our doctrinal beliefs, but they will assist us in carrying out those beliefs more effectively with our friends, families, and neighbors.
Our values are reflected below:
- We value the Bible as the Word of God. We rely on the Bible as God’s authoritative Word, daily building our lives on its truth. (See Hebrews 4:12, 1 Peter 1:23, and John 5:24.)
- We value knowing God personally. We acknowledge our dependence on God for everything and seek to deepen our intimacy with Him through the Bible, worship, and prayer. By faith in God, we want to be passionate about knowing, trusting, and glorifying Him in everything we do. (See Colossians 2:2-5, Romans 11:33-35, and Philippians 3:10-11.)
- We value the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. We accept salvation as a gift from God through His son, Jesus Christ, providing each believer with eternal life. Jesus' death and resurrection give us hope in our lives and for our eternity with God. When we seek His forgiveness, we receive this gift by trusting Christ to be our Savior. (See John 3:16-17, Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, and 1 John 1:9.)
- We value people as God does. We show unconditional love as God does. Our love has no boundaries and looks beyond language, nationality, culture, lifestyle, skin color, age, and gender. We embrace the opportunity to welcome everyone. (See 2 Peter 3:9, 2 Corinthians 5:14-16, and Ephesians 5:1-2.)
- We value compassionate outreach. We are committed to showing God’s love by meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of one another and together seeking to serve others. (See Acts 4:32, Romans 13:8, and Philippians 2:5-7.)
- We value actively sharing Christ. We accept that all people have an opportunity to choose Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. We share what Christ has done in our lives through our individual and community efforts, understanding that this only can be accomplished by complete reliance on God. (See Acts 1:8, Luke 24:46-48, and 2 Timothy 4:2.)
- We value equipping God’s people for service. We provide biblical instruction and encourage God’s people to discover and use their God-given talents to serve within our church and our world. (See 2 Timothy 1:6, Romans 12:6-8, and Ephesians 4:11-13.)